Portfolio/Project Management Tool Selection
A starting point for most companies seeking to adopt leading Portfolio/Project management aptitudes is to decide on a robust enterprise suite. We simplify this seemingly daunting task and emerge with the most appropriate tool to meet the desired objectives. We achieve this by highlighting the potential benefits that is achievable from the features the tool provides
We provide demo sessions to ensure our clients are satisfied that the tool selected will be adequately aligned for different scenarios for which each client desires.
2nch has successfully helped with the choice of tools for their enterprise Project Management needs including enterprise tool suites from Oracle and Microsoft.
2nch has used both Primavera P6 EPPM and Primavera P6 to demonstrate mastery of Scheduling activities for Project tasks and activities.
Primavera P6 Scheduling Services
2nch Scheduling professionals have planned, developed and maintained robust schedules. They have also developed customized reports or applied standard reports accordingly. From a well-defined and annotated Work Breakdown Structure covering carefully detailed tasks and activities, an Overall/Master schedule is built.
Our consultants subsequently continue managing, monitoring and reporting project progress right through to project completion or beyond, if necessary.
Project progress is monitored, managed and reported with activities including;
- Developing Work Breakdown Structure
- Establishing Baselines
- Identifying the critical path
- Resource loading/levelling
- Data Importing/exporting
- Cost/schedule/resource integration
Risk Management Tools Selection
2NCH have depth in the area of Risk Management. Projects come with inherent risks and opportunities. 2NCH understand the importance of anticipating, planning and mitigating against these risks in order to give projects the best chance of success. As 2NCH engage in projects where the stakes are high, 2NCH have an appreciation of the need to harness potential risks with corresponding mitigating options. 2NCH assists with the selection of the most appropriate Risk Management Tool for organizations.
As Projects progress so do associated risks need to be managed on an ongoing basis. We continually identify, analyse, manage, mitigate and repot risks to ensure project success.
Risk Analysis Service
- Risk Management Support: Risk Management framework definition. Process specifies how risk is quantified, risks to accept and resource (officer) in charge of the various Risk Management duties.
- Business Impact and Risk Analysis: Quantification of impact to the business that a loss of service or asset. Determination of likelihood and severity of a threat/vulnerability.
- Assessment of Required Risk Mitigation: Determination of risk mitigation measures and risk ownership for ongoing maintenance
- Risk Monitoring: Monitoring progress of counter measure implementation and corrective actions.
- Work-flow and procedure setup for risk management
- Monte Carlo analysis – cost and schedule risk analysis
- Management of the risk register data
- Mitigation of risk and cost-benefit analysis
- Portfolio risk analysis
Earned Value Management
Earned Value Management Tool Selection
2NCH have assisted with the process of meeting the requirements of organizations with the need for EVMS. This has been demonstrated especially at the outset where solutions were required to meet limited or comprehensive EVMS needs.
Some of the tools and vendors at the forefront include Oracle and Microsoft. Examples include:
- Scheduling Tools: Oracle Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project
- Earned Value Tools: Primavera Cost Manager
- EV Reporting Tools: Oracle Primavera P6 and Microsoft Excel
- Account/ERP Tools: Oracle Applications and SAP
As these tools provide extensive integration capabilities, 2nch has worked with organizations to successfully maximize these capabilities.
Earned Value Data Analysis and Reporting
Some of the advantages and value added by EVMS include; visibility of the value, performance and how far ahead or behind project scheduled baselined/projected cost of project is.
2NCH have assisted with EVMS in the following situations:
- Sources of Variances
- Performance Metrics
- Estimate at Complete Sources
- Statistical Estimate at Complete Tools
- Variance Analysis Thresholds
- Key Elements of the Variance Analysis Report and Their Checklists
- Corrective Actions
- Examples of Good and Bad Variance Explanations